cbd chocolate chip muffins: recipe for gloomy days
For rainy days, gloomy days, or “PJ’s all-day” days… because if we’re honest, we all have them.
These days are perfect for something sweet, and out of the ordinary from your day-to-day healthy meals. We took somewhat of a clean spin on the otherwise calorie-heavy recipe. But chocolate lovers don’t fret, these CBD Chocolate Chip Muffins still pack a punch of flavor and are packed with 25mg CBD. We recommend only having 1-2 per day, as too much of a good thing has its downsides, too (mild headaches, upset stomach).
This recipe is allergen-friendly, gluten-free, processed-sugar free, low in calories, and simple to whip up when you’re feeling a little lazy.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Oat Flour (pulse gluten-free oats in a food processor until fine and dissolved)
- ½ Cup Allergen-Friendly Mini Chocolate Chips (we ❤︎ Enjoy Life brand)
- 3 Servings of The Natural Tincture (75mg CBD)
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Coconut (or try MCT!) Oil, Melted
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Plant-Based Milk
Here's What You'll Do:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a muffin sheet with foil or paper cupcake liners.
2. In a medium-large bowl, combine dry ingredients: Oat-Flour, Chocolate Chips, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Ground Cinnamon and Sea Salt, whisking or using an electric mixer until fully combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients: Eggs, Coconut Oil, CBD, Applesauce, and Plant-Milk. Slowly pour wet ingredients over dry, fully combining the two.
4. Divide the mixture equally, filling each cup of the muffin pan about ¾ of the way. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 400 degrees and continue baking until the muffins are finished (eyeball, or insert a toothpick).
5. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the muffins to cool completely. Serve immediately.
These muffins will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and may be frozen for up to one month.
Avoid serving to children, as the dosage per muffin may vary.
If you’d prefer a subtle, tangy twist, try substituting The Natural tincture for Focus tincture (hints of Goji Berries + Decadent Cacao).
Wanna save up to 20%? Subscribe to our newsletter for special offers, product updates, giveaways, and more!
Get the latest news you need, straight to your inbox.