gobble-worthy cbd cranberry sauce
Despite the massive turbulence and highly-confusing moments we may have experienced throughout the year, there’s certainly so much to be thankful for in 2020. For us, wellness is the backbone of all that we promote, offer & do. And if anything, we’ve stepped it up to a whole new level in 2020.
Thanksgiving is well-known to be a time when friends and family come together to celebrate and cherish good health and prosperity. Celebrating your Thanksgiving dinner with wholesome, soul-soothing food is just one more way to show appreciation and grace towards life, and bring better health full-circle into 2021.
We’re drooling over our “better-for-you” CBD Cranberry Sauce this holiday season, and we’d love to spread the joy to you. Each serving contains 8-10mg of pure CBD, with roughly 4 servings per recipe.
So gather your loved ones and friends, and get ready to celebrate one of life’s simplest, yet fragile gifts: good health.
gather the goods
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries; washed
- 2 TBSP The Natural CBD Tincture (750mg bottle)
- 1 cup finely-ground brown sugar
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 TSP lemon zest
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
1. Empty the entire bag of cranberries into a large saucepan, transferring ½ cup into a small bowl.
2. Add brown sugar, lemon zest, and water to your saucepan, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves and cranberries are soft.
3. Increase heat to a medium level, stirring in CBD Oil, and continuing to cook until cranberries are completely dissolved (~12 minutes).
4. Reduce heat to low, and add remaining cranberries into a saucepan, removing the cinnamon stick if you like.
5. Sprinkle in nutmeg and cloves, and cool the sauce to room temperature before serving.
how cbd cranberry sauce supports wellness
If you’re going to go all-in on any dish in your meal, make it a true indulgence in this higher-health supporting sauce. Heart-strengthening and antioxidant-rich, cranberries support healthy cardiovascular function and support resistance to poor health.
When antioxidants and CBD unite, you can be sure you’re supporting your bodily response to free radical damage.
Consuming more of this CBD cranberry sauce and a bit less of fattier dishes, such as stuffings or desserts also helps you better maintain a healthy weight.
Cranberry sauce is much lower in calories, only containing trace amounts of healthy dietary fats from CBD Oil. Even better, cranberries are naturally high in fiber, meaning you’re likely to remain fuller for a longer period of time.
The Natural is our flavorless tincture, so you won’t experience any flavor interruptions to your sweet dish. Feel free to store any leftovers to consume at any time you wish to, as our CBD is suitable for both daytime and nighttime use.
If you prefer a more tart sauce, feel free to add up to ¼ cup of fresh or organic orange juice. Adding more citrus to the recipe will also enhance the Vitamin C content, further promoting healthy immune support during a season when the body needs it most.
Want to get the most out of your CBD experience? Find what foods are (and aren’t) most compatible to take with CBD by clicking the link to our blog post here.
Get the latest news you need, straight to your inbox.