live your healthiest life by going beyond physical
If someone were to ask you, “What does your healthiest, most vibrant life look like?”, do you know how you would respond?
Many of us would be quick to conceptualize a lean, strong body, healthy and balanced diet, and a low-stress career. And while these are certainly important, there’s far more to living a healthy life than what’s visible to the naked eye. 2020 has certainly tested the boundaries of stress management for many of us, with the outbreak of a global pandemic that in one way or another, has affected each and every individual on the planet.
Many found themselves in space forced to slow down their busy schedules, consider and reconsider what’s most important to them, and to focus more of their attention on self-nurturement and restoring balance in their daily routine. At Pachamama, we preach the necessity for a holistic approach to better health. CBD and adaptogenic herbs support the entire body, regulating the nervous system, immune system, and the brain so that you can focus more of your attention where it matters to you. As much as we’d like to believe that a rigorous workout followed by a day of balanced meals + proper supplementation will keep us in the best health, our chances are slim if we’re not tuning in to our mental/emotional needs and practicing presence.
the wisdom within; you’re far more intelligent than you think
If you understand the intelligence in the hemp plant, you’ll find it has the potential to scan your body to understand where it can support you best. And the truth of the matter is, we are able to do the same with our minds when we’re feeling a little “off-track.” This is why practices like meditation and yoga are so powerful; because you are giving yourself a temporary break from the mental chitter-chatter to tune into your body, and to find what you need to take care of your health.
Sometimes it’ll look like a warm tonic, with a few drops of CBD.
Sometimes, it may be a warm bath.
And other times, it might require going easy on yourself, allowing yourself to take breaks and laying low. And if reaching your highest peak in health means a great deal to you, you’ll give yourself time to take it easy.
connecting back with the body
The World Health Organization defines health as, “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. there is no health without mental health.”
Self-care will look different to each and every individual. An easy way to begin a self-care practice is by practicing mindfulness. You can begin a simple mindfulness practice that will fit your daily schedule by:
- Incorporating a morning or evening meditation, dropping into what your body is feeling, and allowing all of your thoughts to come and go. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes is sufficient.
- Taking 2-3 deep-belly, conscious breaths every few hours. Setting an hourly reminder may be helpful if you think you might forget.
- Practicing mindfulness in everyday activities: complete presence when eating, showering, speaking with a friend or colleague, etc.
It’s so easy for us to fall into a perpetual habit of doing, doing, doing, that we sometimes find ourselves so disconnected from our body, which in its primal state, radiates good health.
Incorporating CBD in your daily regime will support your mindful practice as well. CBD helps the body respond to daily stress more efficiently by reducing symptoms of nervousness and alleviating fatigue. Some of the easiest ways to sneak our variety of CBD products into your routine may look like
- 1 dropper of CBD under your tongue, or blended into your morning coffee.
- Massaging our CBD Body Lotion into the skin, focusing on tense muscles, or dry skin.
- Taking a Vegan Hemp Gel Capsule with lunch, or when needed throughout your day.
nature to nurture. mother earth’s medicine.
Can you recall a time that you took a relaxing vacation, spending time hiking and exploring, or laying on the beach to watch the sunset?
Nature provides so many incredible benefits to both the health of the physical body, as well as the emotional body. Not only does sunlight provide serotonin-inducing Vitamin D, which is crucial to combat fatigue, build strong bones, and relieve symptoms of depression. Nature also brings us fully into the present moment, leaving us in a state of awe at her beauty, and allowing us to escape from time for a little while.
If you live close to mountains, like we do, try going on a hike, or a walk through the mountains at least once per week. And if you’re somewhere in the heart of the city… find some time to take a walk or exercise at your local park. Big or small, near or far, nature will provide ease and peace of mind to support your overall health.
and lastly...come together, now!
Sometimes it’s easy to feel like a stranded island.
Loneliness could be wreaking havoc on your health. Research has linked loneliness to higher risks for a variety of physical and mental conditions that may impact your health long-term. Coming from tribal-origins, none of us were built to live our lives and operate on our own. A few tips to support your health and spend less time on your own:
- Make a commitment to spend quality time with quality friends at least once per week. Or consider joining a local group and opening up to new friends.
- Reconsider your downtime. When you’re not busy, ditch your phone and TV periodically to socialize with others (even if it’s over a Zoom call).
- Invest in experiences. Take the weekend to backpack with friends. Book the vacation to somewhere new, and socialize with strangers. You’d be surprised how incredible you’ll feel, and see the benefit of making this investment.
Want to learn more ways to incorporate healthy habits into your wellness routine? Sign up for our newsletter for all of our tips, tricks and deals!
Get the latest news you need, straight to your inbox.